“Our Vision: Meaningful employment and support for all clients; adding value to the people we serve, their families & communities.”
“Our Mission: We create and drive inclusive, people-centred employment opportunities, utilising the best available techniques to improve the prosperity and lives of jobseekers, employers & communities.”
“Our Service Vision: Offering outstanding employment services to our clients, going above and beyond at all times.”
We understand the challenges that local businesses face, in recruiting and maintaining a skilled and productive team.
Q.I.T.E. offices, business enterprises and activities implement Physical Distancing rules – people should remain 1.5 metres away from others, where possible.
Check In Qld app changes
From 7 February 2022, use of the Check In Qld app is no longer required for entry to Q.I.T.E.
Quarantine Requirements for Close Contacts
From 6pm AEST Thursday 28 April 2022, there will be no quarantine requirements for close contacts with no COVID-19 symptoms. Some requirements (like testing and mask wearing) will continue to be in place.
A close contact of COVID-19 case can go about their daily lives provided they:
- Have no COVID-19 symptoms.
- Test negative every 2nd day for a week from the day of becoming a close contacts (day 0, 2, 4 and 6).
- Wear a mask outside of home for 7 days.
- Don’t visit any vulnerable settings for 7 days.
- Employees must let their employer know they are a close contact, and work from home (where possible)
Easing of restrictions in Queensland
From 1 am AEST Thursday 14 April 2022, the requirement to check-in and to be fully vaccinated in a range of venues and events has ended.
Vaccination and check-in requirements are still in effect for anyone visiting vulnerable settings (hospitals, disability accommodation services, residential aged care and corrective services facilities) as well as for workers in vulnerable settings and in high risk settings (including schools, childcare, prisons and airports).
From 6pm Fri 4 March 2022, the following rules apply for wearing face masks:
- Required in healthcare settings, residential aged care, disability accommodation, on public transport, in prisons, detention centres, airports and on planes
- Required for visitors to healthcare settings , but mask may be removed while undergoing a face-to-face service (as determined by your healthcare provider)
- Required when on public transport or its platform / terminal, or when in or waiting for a taxi, rideshare vehicle or commercial shuttle
- Required outside of your home or accommodation if you have a temperature equal to or higher than 37.5 degrees, or if you have COVID-19 symptoms, or if you’re awaiting a COVID-19 PCR test result
- Required if you’re diagnosed with COVID-19, are a close contact, or are an international traveller (in accordance with other public health directions).
Masks are no longer required in schools, including for staff, students and visitors.
Masks are still recommended whenever you can’t socially distance.
Children under 12 years and people affected by a medical condition or disability do not have to wear a face mask. See exceptions from wearing face masks.
Border restriction changes
From 1am AEST Saturday 15 January 2022, all domestic border restrictions have ended. You can travel to Queensland from anywhere in Australia.
From 17 April 2022, the Australia Govenment no longer requires people travelling to Australia to have a COVID-19 test before arriving.
Subscribe to Public Health Direction updates
If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested.
Harvest Work – When looking for harvest work, please do not go directly to farms. You must first contact a Harvest Trail Services (HTS) provider or the employer listed in the job advertisement. Please call us on 1800 354 414 or for further information please go to https://jobsearch.gov.au/harvest
Why register with Q.I.T.E.?
We are the largest employment provider in the region, servicing from Cardwell to Mossman, Cairns and the Atherton Tablelands as well as Bowen, Ayr and Townsville.
We currently have over 70 staff across 11 locations. We can provide transport from the Q.I.T.E. offices (Mareeba and Atherton) to employees’ workplaces (for a fee).
We are a not for profit, community based employment and training organisation with over 30 years experience in placing unemployed people in the workforce.